Fastest growing economy in the world with annual GDP of 11%.
Large amount of irrigable land.
Enormous quantity of water and mineral deposits.
Highly developing infrastructure and logistics.
Pro investment government;
Politically stable and secure;
Regional and international market opportunities;
Competitive investment incentive packages;
Investment guarantees and protection;
Exceptional climate; and
Competent and trainable cost efficient labor by African st...
Ethiopia is considered as one of the most stable countries in Africa.
The Constitution of the country, adopted in 1995, provides for a multi-party political system.
Elections are held by universal suffrage every five years.
The FDRE has a parliamentarian form of government with a bicameral parliament which comprises the House of the Peoples’ Representatives (HPR) and the House of the Federation (HoF).
The House of the Peoples’ Representatives is the highest authority of the Federal Governm...
• Ethiopia has a young, trainable and disciplined labour force.
• Private universities and colleges flourishing in Addis Ababa and regional cities.
• Over 30,000 university graduates per year, including business, management, economics, accounting, law and engineering graduates.
• Ample opportunity to meet the demand of skilled manpower in the technical and vocational field due to the expansion of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college.
• Average priv...
1. STABLE ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
• Comprehensive development strategy resulting in strong economic growth.
• Stable macro-economic condition.
• Double digit economic growth averaging 11% per annum in the past 7 years.
• Generally, inflation managed at a single digit figure.
• Stable exchange rate.
• Government commitment to private sector.
• Safe and secure working and living environment, identified by the UN and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) as a key asset for investors in Et...
Investment may be carried out in one of the following forms1. Sole Proprietorship (Individual Investor)2. Business organization• Wholly foreign owned• Joint investment between domestic and foreign • Branch of a business organization
Minimum Capital Requirement
Under the Investment Proclamation No. 769/2012 (as amended),
Any foreign investor, to be allowed to invest pursuant to the proclamation, shall be required to allocate a minimum capital of USD 200,000 for a single investment project.
The minimum capital required of a foreign investor investing jointly with a domestic investor shall be USD 150,000.
The minimum capital required of a foreign investor investing in Architectural or Engineering works or related...
For Sole Proprietorship (Individual Investor)
An application form duly filled and signed by the investor / agent. Where the application is made by an agent, a photocopy of his/her power of attorney.
Photocopies of the relevant pages of a valid passport including the pages that shows recent entry visa;
Collect from EIA letters for the bank to deposit the minimum requirement.
To get an investment permit, come with bank recommendation letter about the deposited minimum required capital.
Business organization (Wholly foreign owned and Joint investment )
Prepare Draft Memorandum and Articles of Association according to Ethiopian Investment Law.
Get a clearance letter from the Agency (EIA) for...
The following areas of investment are exclusively reserved for Ethiopian nationals.
Manufacturing of cement, cement & clay products.
Banking, Insurance and micro – credit & saving services.
Packaging, Forwarding and Shipping agency services.
Mass media service.
Attorney and legal consultancy services.
Preparation of indigenous traditional medicines.
Advertisement, promotion and translation works.
Air transport service using aircraft with a seating capacity up to 50 passengers.
Manufacturing of ice crème and cakes
Finishing of fabrics ,yarn warp and weft, apparel and other textile products by bleaching, dyeing and other textile products by bleaching dyeing ,shrinking, sanforizing ,mercerizing or dressing
Tanning of hides and skins below finished level.
Plastic shopping bag